Jan 31, 2012

Great Place - TripAdvisor


We stayed 5nights at Matava, going home on Nov. 17. I have nothing but praise.
Matava was perfect for us, but do your homework to see if it's for you. If you want blowdryers, boutiques, pools and fancy, skip this. Kadavu is gorgeous, and Matava provided us with everything we needed. The setting is stunning, and our bure felt very private. The showers were nice and warm, good pressure and I had enough water. Food was absolutely amazing. Bed was comfy and a mosquito net was provided.
There was no a/c, but we didn't miss it. The breezes were more than fine to cool us off.
We had an oceanview bure (bulubulu) and it was perfect. I didn't see the inside of a honeymoon bure, but was glad I didn't have to trek up all those steps every time I wanted something, though the views are spectacular from there.
If you're on the fence over which bure to get, please be assured that the oceanview is very nice.
The wonderful folks at Matava take excellent care of you. My brother called them and told them I was celebrating my 50th birthday, and they surprised me with a beautifully decorated birthday cake and singing.
If you've read any other reviews, you know Maggie is an absolute hoot. George is too. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Loved, loved the meke!! (fyi a spa is in the works)
We don't dive, but love to snorkle and kayak. There was tons for us to do, and we had the place to ourselves in the day. We signed up for the adventure package incldg 1 day kayak. Loved all of it!
Waya Island is a very short kayak away, with gorgeous beaches, some of the best snorkeling I have ever done, and privacy.
I could go there every day of my life and be an extremely happy woman! If this is your style, for God's sakes go! Do not miss it!
Great Place - Review of Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort, Kadavu Island, Fiji - TripAdvisor

No comments: