2010 Dates: Any Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday
Come and dive the best of Kadavu Island on this awesome 7-night package, including 5 days of scuba diving. Stay at Matava - Fiji's Premier Eco Adventure Resort directly on the Great Astrolabe Reef. Matava is a genuine eco-adventure-hideaway designed to cause minimal impact on the environment and to promote conservation awareness with the local community and visitors.
Drift to sleep to the soothing roar of the waves breaking on the distant reef and be awakened to the call of exotic native wildlife.Matava caters to a maximum of only 22 guests in lush tropical surrounding ensuring a private haven away form the hustle and bustle of crowds. Traditional thatched Fijian 'bures' with solid mahogany timber polished floors, louvre windows, timber Queen and King Sized beds and private decks are nestled in the rainforest to offer privacy, comfort and superb ocean views.
You can dive the world renowned Great Astrolabe Reef all year round. The striking Astrolabe Reef and the Kadavu group of islands have both been created by past volcanic activity and tectonic movements. The Matava Resort is right on the doorstep of this magnificent living organism, home to an abundance of marine life unequalled in Fiji. Divers and snorkelers can expect a diversity of fish life and corals of every conceivable color and hue.
- International Airfare from LAX on Air Pacific / Pacific Sun
- 5 days of 2-tank diving (10 dives) at Mad Fish Dive Centre
- All day free access to shore diving at The Critter Junction
- 7 nights in an Oceanview Traditional Bure
- Traditional Lovo evening with entertainment and kava drinking
- Waterfall trek on final non-dive day
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited tea/coffee)
- Airport and boat transfers to/from Kadavu airport
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Unlisted activities such as guided hiking and kayaking, sailing, fishing and whale watching tours
Outdoor Travel Adventures | Matava Dive Package - Kadavu Island